BECOME A MEMBER
The Covid-19 worldwide pandemic has affected all of us. Unfortunately the sport of waterskiing is not immune.
The start of the 2020 Ottawa Water Ski Club has commenced as of 12:01 am Saturday, May 16 in accordance with federal, provincial and municipal laws and guidelines.
The Board of directors has been working on a number of solutions given the resources we have available. Please review our protocols regularly and especially before your first visit. Here are some important notes about what is being done behind the scenes:
1) We have drawn up protocols which can be found in the link above.
2) All members will be required to complete a short questionnaire per visit to each site.
3) While the club is fully insured for our activities, claims relating to Covid-19 are not.
4) We recognize the challenge presented by the social distancing guidelines (2m distance) combined with the legal and safety requirements to have a spotter. Both driver and spotter will be required to wear a face covering. Per the guidelines; “Face coverings/ masks should be worn If maintaining a 2m distance is challenged.”5) Member, Greg Lipin (North of 7 distillery) has generously donated alcohol sanitizer to the club to be used in the boats and around the site as necessary.
6) The board continues to be in constant contact with; Waterski Wakeboard Canada, Waterski Wakeboard Ontario, Ottawa police, Ottawa by- law, our landowners and Parks Canada.
7) The Eastern Canadian Championships remains cancelled.
9) As a board we recognize the delicate situation, and the many areas of risk and how individuals are effected differently. Those who are not comfortable with any aspect of our re-opening should feel free to contact any board member directly.
Any questions, comments, or concerns can be addressed through the google group, or for non members or those without access to the google group, please reference the "CONTACT" page of the OWSC website to get in touch.
Continue to OWSC.ca
OWSC Covid-19 Policies